Update: Fire in Woodlake caused by separation in the chimney flue

Update

Walton County Fire Rescue Assistant Fire Chief Craig League said the fire was caused by a separation in the chimney flue that cause fire to spread to the surrounding chimney trace.

“The fire was quickly extinguished by fire crews and the fire caused only minor to moderate damage to the home,” League said.

Initial story

Walton County Fire Rescue has dispatched units to a reported chimney fire on Eagle View Way off Woodlake Blvd in the Woodlake subdivision. This is off of Highway 138 in Walton County. Assistant Fire Chief Craig League says units on the scene are reporting a working house fire.

No other details are available at this time. This is a developing story.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply