A suspect in armed robberies at local pharmacies, including the CVS in Loganville, has been arrested. Gwinnett County Police Department reports that Aaron Neighbors, 24, of Lawrenceville was arrested on Monday, Feb. 12, in a hotel in the city of Norcross and charged with the following crimes:
- Armed Robbery (3 counts)
- Aggravated Assault (4 counts)
- Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Substance (1 count)
- Possession of a Schedule III Controlled Substance (1 count)
After a surveillance photo was released on Feb. 2, the lead detective from GCPD began receiving tips on the identity of the person suspected of robbing pharmacies in Snellville, Lilburn and Loganville. Information received allegedly linked Neighbors to the robberies at one Rite Aid and two CVS pharmacies in January.
Following the publication of the original Media Release on February 2, the lead detective started to receive several tips in reference to the identity of the suspect who was robbing local pharmacies in Snellville, Lilburn, and Loganville. During the follow-up investigation, Aaron Neighbors (age 24, Lawrenceville) was identified as a possible suspect. Information was gathered linking Aaron to the robberies at one Rite Aid and two CVS pharmacies in January, including the one on Jan. 21 at the CVS in Loganville.
“We are very fortunate that this suspect was identified quickly and taken into custody before his violence escalated,” GCPD said in a press release. GCPD note that the suspect is also facing charges in non-GCPD cases as well.
The Gwinnett County Police Department needs the public’s help in identifying the suspect who is responsible for robbing several pharmacies in the unincorporated portions of Gwinnett County and the city of Lilburn as well as a burglary in unincorporated Lilburn.
Crime Stoppers tipsters can receive up to $2,000 for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case. Case Number: 18-003662
- On Monday, January 8 at around 9pm, a suspect wearing a camouflage hoodie and purple gloves robbed the Rite Aid at 3295 Centerville Highway in unincorporated Snellville.
- On Friday, Jan. 12, a man believed to be the same suspect was seen on surveillance breaking into the Best 4 Less at 115 Harmony Grove Road in unincorporated Lilburn. Officers responded and the suspects was seen fleeing from the location without getting any cash or merchandise.
- Then, on Tuesday, January 16 shortly before 10pm, the same suspect is seen on surveillance robbing the CVS at 4358 Burns Road in unincorporated Lilburn. The suspect is wearing the same clothing.
- And, on Sunday, January 21 shortly before 10pm, the same suspect wearing the same clothing robs the CVS at 2720 Loganville Highway in unincorporated Loganville.
In the robberies at the CVS locations (GCPD cases), the suspect is holding a silver handgun.
The suspect is described as a white male, 5-08 to 6-00, 170-200 lbs., wearing blue jeans and a camouflage jacket, purple gloves, and a black and white bandana. He is seen driving a white minivan.
If anyone has any information to share in this case, please contact GCPD detectives at 770-513-5300. To remain anonymous, tipsters should contact Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.crimestoppersatlanta.org. Crime Stoppers tipsters can receive up to $2,000 for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case. Case Numbers: 18-002590, 18-005269, 18-007020