The Walton County Sheriff’s Office reported the following Crime Awareness Community Alerts for the period Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019, to Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019
Arrest- An 18-year-old resident of Athens, Ga was arrested for Interference with a 911 call after a dispute occurred on Sunny Hill Drive.
Arrest- A 23-year-old resident of Covington, Ga was arrested for giving a false name, driving unlicensed and failing to stop at a stop sign.
Arrest- A 27-year-old resident of Loganville, Ga was arrested for previous warrants out for his arrest.
Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019.
Arrest- A 35-year-old female resident of Winder, GA was arrested and transported from Barrow County to Walton County Jail for a Probation Violation warrant.
Citation: A 48-year0-old female resident of Loganville, Ga was cited for Disorderly Conduct after an altercation took place with her son and daughter that occurred at a residence on Pineybrook Drive.
Arrest- A 36-7ear old resident of Loganville, Ga was arrested for Disorderly Conduct after a dispute with his wife that occurred on Plantation Ridge Court.
Reminder: Simple Basic Safety Precaution Steps can reduce your chances of being a victim of a crime.
• Lock your car doors
• Remove valuables out of sight or bring them inside
• Check your surroundings as you travel to and from destinations
• Look around you and your surroundings when going from point A to B at all times.
• If you have surveillance installed, make sure they are in functioning working order
• Remove mail from mailbox’s soon as possible
• Immediately report to 911 any suspicious activity or vehicles in your area/subdivision
• If you do not have surveillance, installing motion sensor lights can be effective at night
• Do NOT leave your keys in your vehicle
• Close your garage door at night
• While on vacation, arrange someone to pick up your mail and/or packages.
• Track all packages being delivered to your residence and arrange a pick up ASAP.
• Do NOT advertise you are going out of town or leaving for the holidays
• Do NOT open any doors at your residence for strangers or unexpected visitors
• Do NOT give any personal information (example: date of birth, social security numbers, address’s, contact information) over the phone.