The following are the incidents reported by the Monroe Police Department between March 3 – 9, 2017. Due to the length, this report has been split into five parts. This is the second part. Please note an arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Officer called to MPD lobby, complainant stated that her friend’s husband had been following her and she is afraid that he has a tracking device on her car, in attempts to locate his ex. The husband has active warrants and is supposedly driving an older model tan/green Chevrolet blazer with a lawn mower in the back.
- Found Property at Athens First Bank. Complainant found card for a male subject in the ATM. Spoke to the owner of the card by phone and he checked his wallet and found it was missing. Will contact police when he gets home to make a report and return the card
- Dispute, Hubbard St. Neighborhood kids being disrespectful. Handled between Parents. All ok.
- Drugs at Wellington Drive. Parents while searching their son’s room found marijuana. Contacted 911 and son was arrested on the found marijuana after son stated it was his.
- Theft at Waffle house on North Broad St., worker advised an older white male walked out on an $11.45 tab. Unknown description of male or his vehicle
- Noise Complaint, Plaza Trace (Country Grove Apt) Talked to homeowner celebrating birthday. Advised he will turn down the music.
- Suspicious Vehicle at Red Oak Court. Vehicle was waiting on a friend to come home was parked in the wrong driveway. It was corrected once the friend came home and showed them the correct address.
- Suspicious Person, Walker Drive. Complainant has medical issues. Said Someone was knocking on her door. No one present.
- Damage to property at the Nowell Rec Center. Dispute between two parties. Driver threw a bottle at another vehicle as he left the parking lot area.
- Damage to Property, West Tall Oaks, complainant stated a large party was here and someone had a gun. Spoke with homeowner. She broke up the party and they all went outside making noise. They dispersed before police arrived.
- Found property, Maple Street. Returned card to owner. He believes he may have left his card and did not see any transaction on his account. No crime occurred.
- Suspicious Person, Southview Drive. Caller advised an unknown male was standing in her front yard. Caller did not want to meet with police. Area checked and negative contact with anyone outside.
- Suspicious Vehicle at Hwy 138 / West Spring street. In reference to a Chevy Silverado failing to maintain lane. Area checked with negative contact with the vehicle.
- Noise Complaint in the area of Highland Creek Drive. Advised homeowner to keep it down
- Fight, Towler St., two male subjects got into a fight over God knows what. Both extremely drunk. Neither wanted to press chargers
- Drunk person Reference a male subject blew a .298 Refused to go to the hospital had multiple warrants from different states that will not extradite. Subject is homeless. Dropped him off with his wife who just had surgery.
- Suspicious Person at Deer Acres Inn. Reference to unknown male knocking on doors. Searched and spoke to several adults who were intoxicated to go inside. They advised it was a Hispanic male knocking on doors.
- Suspicious Activity, complainant contacted stating he could hear noises in his apartment and wanted it checked out. A search of his apartment showed no one at the apartment except him.
- Warrant, Sorrell St. Robert Layde arrested for Enticing child warrant.
- Stopping suspicious vehicle/arrest, Dwight Gray arrested for Monroe warrant.
- Theft, Wheelhouse Lane., complainant stated mother-in-law or sister-in-law took her cell phone. Both denied claims, report taken.
- Stopping suspicious vehicle/arrest, Jaquanna Gibbs arrested for driving without license and 2 counts for child safety seats. Released on copies.
- Trespassing, Ash St. in regards to W/M and W/F on location and property is condemned. Male and female subjects on location with permission getting personal property, all ok.
- Officer out with suspicious vehicle at Jack Peter’s store due to 38-D drugs. Officer identified passenger in front seat and passenger fled from vehicle. Ran on foot and contact lost on Davis St. Additional warrants to be taken on passenger. Handgun recovered from vehicle where passenger was sitting.
- Firearms discharged near Maple St. Anonymous caller and only received 1 call. Negative on firearms discharged, area checked for 15 minutes w/ no shots heard.
- Damage to property, Heritage Ridge Dr., complainant’s vehicle had eggs thrown at it but no idea when it happened. Report taken
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.