Fortune 500 Retailer CarMax Now Hiring for 200+ Contact Center Jobs
(GWINNETT-METRO ATLANTA) July 23, 2020 – CarMax joined the Georgia Department of Economic Development and Partnership Gwinnett to announce its hiring push in Peachtree Corners, Gwinnett County, metro Atlanta, Georgia. The announcement represents 230 new jobs locally.
CarMax, the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, is hiring to fill more than 750 open positions at its five Customer Experience Centers (CECs) located in Atlanta, GA; Kansas City, KS; Raleigh, NC; Phoenix, AZ; and Richmond, VA. Candidates can apply now for the contact center positions at the CarMax careers website.
“I’d like to thank CarMax for both continuing to invest in Georgia and creating job opportunities for Georgians,” said Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) Commissioner Pat Wilson. “CarMax’s decision to grow their workforce in Georgia is a testament to our state’s unmatched talent pool and exemplifies the importance of not only creating but maintaining a strong business environment in Georgia during this critical time.”
CarMax CECs support the company’s omni-channel experience where customers can buy a car on their terms, whether they want to buy a car completely from home, in-store, or in a seamless combination of both.
“Customer Experience Center associates are critical to CarMax’s success and have an opportunity to truly make a difference in an innovative and collaborative work environment,” said Diane Cafritz, CarMax chief human resources officer. “They help provide our customers with a convenient and personalized car buying experience where customers can do as much of the car buying process from home as they’d like.”
Open roles include Customer Experience Consultants and Customer Experience Assistants. Consultants working in the contact center support customers over the phone or online with shopping and financing until the customer is ready to pick up their vehicle at an area store or receive the vehicle through home delivery. Assistants also connect with customers over the phone or online to answer questions, conduct follow-ups and confirm appointments.
“We are pleased to have CarMax’s Customer Experience Center bring over 200 new jobs in addition to the 300 jobs when CarMax originally moved to Peachtree Corners,” said Mayor Mike Mason. “As an innovative hub with an expansive, and ever-growing workforce, our city continues to be a draw for top-tiered businesses.”
CarMax is recruiting for Spanish bilingual candidates to fill approximately 30% of the open roles. Consultants can earn up to $22 an hour or more, and Assistants earn $15 an hour, with bilingual candidates receiving a pay premium for both roles. Manager positions are also available at the Atlanta, GA center.
“Gwinnett’s talented workforce creates the ideal environment for pioneering companies like CarMax to succeed and we are thrilled to see them hiring once again,” said Gwinnett County Commission Chair Charlotte Nash. “CarMax is continuing to innovate and change the way consumers buy cars with their fresh approach to combining innovative technology with the expertise and help their employees provide customers in its Peachtree Corners location.”
CarMax has more than 25,000 associates nationwide and for 16 consecutive years has been named as one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
“No previous automotive experience is necessary for these roles,” said Cafritz. “We focus on hiring people with high integrity and invest in our associates with award-winning training and development to help them build great careers.”
Director, Business Retention & Expansion, Deven Cason, represented Partnership Gwinnett in conjunction with the Georgia Department of Economic Development on the project expansion.
“When an existing Gwinnett company chooses to expand within the community it is a true testament to the superior talent and business ecosystem found in Gwinnett County,” said Cason. “We are proud to support CarMax as it continues to create jobs and grow in place.”
Why Work at CarMax?
· A commitment to taking care of our associates through competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including full and part-time benefits and a retirement savings plan.
· A strong focus on the health and safety of our associates, customers, and communities. We’ve put significant measures in place to reduce the risk of exposure and further spread of COVID-19 including requiring associates to wear masks while working closely with others, implementing enhanced cleaning measures at all locations, and practicing social distancing guidelines in all locations.
· A growing business fueled by operating with integrity and transparency; and a focus on giving our customers an experience they’ve never had before.
· An ability to make an impact in the communities where our associates live and work through company sponsored events and volunteer team builders.
· An award-winning workplace, including FORTUNE magazine’s Best Workplaces in Retail and Best Workplaces for Diversity;Training Magazine’s “Training Top 125” companies in America; and recognition by G.I. Jobs as a Military Friendly Employer.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
If you’re ready to redefine your career journey, apply today at https://careers.carmax.com/us/en/contact-center.
To learn more about CarMax, visit www.carmax.com.
For more information, or to learn how to get involved in local economic development efforts, please visit www.partnershipgwinnett.com.