The City of Monroe Police Department reported the following incidents for the period March 21 – 27, 2019. Due to the length, this report has been split into five parts. This is the first part. Please note and arrest or charge does not constitute a conviction.
- Damage to Property – Hillside Dr. – Charles Coker stated he struck a deer on W. Spring St. between Walmart and Piedmont Walton. He stated his insurance company requested a report. Report taken.
- Dispute – Turner Street in reference to keys being taken. Complainant stated subject took the only key to her newly purchased vehicle. The subject was advised to return the key and is being given an opportunity to do so. Both parties were advised that the dispute over money concerning the purchase of the vehicle was civil. Report taken.
- Suspicious Person – S. Broad St. – Marathon Gas Station in reference to Clayton Weakley on location with an active felony parole warrant. Walton County Sheriff’s Office arrived on scene prior to MPD and arrested the subject.
- Assault in Progress/Foot Chase – Colquitt St.in reference to Gerrode Griffieth actively assaulting a victim. Upon arrival, the subjects were gone. An area check was conducted which resulted in a foot chase through the wood line behind Mobley Circle. Gerrode Griffieth was located and placed into custody by WCSO and charged with possession of cocaine. After conducting interviews with the victim and witness MPD did not have any charges. Gerrode Griffieth was turned over to WCSO and EMS. Report taken.
- Warrant Served – Colquitt St.. Officer returned and requested information from a witness, Tyson Brooks, on location from the earlier suspicious person call on Hubbard St. He returned with an active warrant through WCSO for forgery. He was transported to the Walton County Jail.
- Wanted Person – Cook St – Bobby Branch wanted on felony probation violation (possession of cocaine) warrant out of WCSO.
- Traffic Stop – Hwy 78 at Jim Daws Road – Shaniqua Parker was stopped for traffic violations. A probable cause search of the vehicle found Mrs. Parker and her passenger, Markedia Hunt, in felony possession of marijuana. Both were arrested, fingerprinted and released to the Walton County Jail.
- Return Call – Pierce Street – Within 5 minutes of leaving the previous call, a subject escalated her disorderly behavior. She was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct on a city citation and turned over to the jail. Supplemental report to original.
- Stolen Vehicle – Fairway Dr. in reference to a company vehicle, 2017 F150 being taken from complainant residence this date at 0055 Hours. Report taken.